- With a baking couche (pronounced /koosh/) your loaves proof in the right shape and your leavened or unleavened loaves will look as good as they taste.
- Dough won't stick to Orblue's 100% cotton proofing cloth or to each other when wrapped in this cloth, making handling your bread dough a whole lot easier.
- Coarse, dense baguette cloth weave keeps the rising bread from expanding in length, forcing a vertical rise, and helps dry the outside to give your French bread the proper crust.
- Creases in this stiff baking couche stand up on their own to hold a solid peak between loaves—the 24-x36-inch cloth fits 6 or 7 baguettes at a time.
- A perfect tool for professional bakers, this easy-to-clean baker couche serves equally well for home bakers who want professional-quality French bread, batards and ciabatta loaves; you can even rest and dry pasta sheets before cutting.
I was skeptical about using a cloth to form baguettes. But my husband ordered one on Amazon, and I used it today. It's absolutely great! First I used it to cover the dough for the first rising, and unlike everything else, it didn't stick. As for the baguettes they shaped beautifully - okay, I need a little more practice :)